Wednesday, May 08, 2019

My First Knitting Student

I have happy news to share. I have my very first knitting student. It was all a coincidence. The lady needed help with her sweater and asked my bff if she knew of anyone who can help her. She used to go to the very same shop i went to to learn my knitting when i was in my teens. And boy... i so recognize those yarn she brought over to show me that day. Brought back so many memories of the days i spent at the yarn shop during my lunch hours and weekends.

I was a fast learner and picked up the craft after a few lessons. As yarn were fairly cheap those days, or maybe the kind i chose were not expensive to begin with, i love to start a few projects at once. Reason being, if i ever get stuck on one project, i can always work on another and go to the yarn shop for help on weekends. She (Pat) did the same too but didnt really had time to continue with her projects as she found it a hassle to go there each time there was a mistake.

Lesson one commenced yesterday, 7th May 2019. What we did was to cast on stitches for a pullover from yarn that she unraveled from an old vest she was knitting for her son. It was all curled up and boy, the wool was kinda bulky and scratchy!!! Luckily she doesn't  mind and we went on to cast on 82st for a garter tab. We will see how things proceed for lesson two. She wants to work on a cape for her darling daughter next.


No comments: