Sunday, March 25, 2007

My neighbour's kids

I was at the backyard hanging the laundry when i saw the two lil boys. How they've grown. I've not seen them both since their dad took them back to his hometown. If i'm not mistaken, it's Sarawak. The older kid is a month older than Gordon, the younger, about a year apart. They used to live here, with their mom and grandparents; until their mom passed away suddenly.

It's a sad story actually. The mom was about 7 months pregnant with her third child, a girl, when she died. She's asthmatic and was alone at home when she had an attack. Died of asphyxiation. The father came home and found the wife unconscious, but it appeared she had already died long before his return. I didnt learn of it until neighbours came by to collect pak-kam (what do you call this in English?). So now, whenever i see the two boys, it reminds me of their fate. Deprived of a mother's care and love at such a tender age. And i'm thankful to God for looking after me, allowing me to live another day to watch my kids grow up, to be there for them when they need comfort and love.

3 comments:

L B said...

White Gold? I also don't know... In fact, I only got to know that word two years ago in Ipoh..

Karen said...

Wow, that is so sad. I hope they will get a woman's love from grandma and aunts.

Sasha Tan said...

died with baby in the tummy? gosh!