Monday, August 18, 2008

Branded goods do last longer

Something went wrong with my pc last weekend. It kept restarting every few hours or so. All i was worried about are my zillion of files in my hard disks. So, as i was transferring them onto my laptop and thumb drives for temporary storage, my mind kept thinking of the "what ifs" half the time. You know, things like "what if my files get corrupted", "what if the power gets cut off in the middle of a transfer", "what if this....", "what if that.... ", you get what i mean?

I was ranting about it to hubby when he told me to backup those files to an external hard drive. How clever. The thing is, he doesnt know that i DONT have an external hard drive!!!! I told a high capacity external hard drive is very expensive. He says to just buy a cheap external hard drive. HOW CAN I???? My files are my lifeline. If i lose my files, my online biz is a good as dead. I only go for branded goods as far as my work-related gadgets are concerned. I dont like taking risks at all.

It's important to buy only branded goods. The companies behind those brands do a lot to ensure that their products are of high quality. And many companies engage Advertising Agency to carry out their branding and promotion for them. Another thing is, some brands even have warranties that stretches to more than 3 or 4 years. So now, you know why i'm so particular on buying branded goods.

No comments: