Thursday, March 04, 2010

Of Bak Kut Teh and cholesterol

For the past few days, i've been going out with my good friend for lunch. Yesterday, her hubby joined us and he took us to a newly opened Bak Kut Teh Restaurant. I'm not a huge fan of Bak Kut Teh. But since i've not had any for a long time, i dont mind having some. When i was still working in KL a decade ago, a client used to invite us over to Klang for Bak Kut Teh. I still remember how he used to say Klang has the best Bak Kut Teh in the country and he will have it for lunch everyday.

I nearly fainted upon hearing that as Bak Kut Teh is one of the deadliest food in my book. The Bak Kut Teh that he used to order for us is made from the fattest pork. The soup or gravy is also cooked to the point where it's all fat mixed thoroughly together with the rest of the ingredients. One is actually eating nothing but artery clogging fat mixed with rice, bleaarrrggghhhhh.

Coming back to the Bak Kut Teh i had yesterday. It's a somewhat lighter version of the type sold in Klang. I can still lots of fatty parts in the bowl. I avoided those parts and ate the leaner meat and the mushrooms, lol. We had Siamese style tofu as a side order and i tucked into that mostly. I was really glad that my friend;s hubby did not attempt to spoon some fatty pork onto my plate.

Sometimes, i wonder how people combat cholesterol in their body. Do you think they take supplements like Wax Matrix Niacin to help them lower their cholesterol levels? I'm not in any way promoting the product here. I just came across this site and found their writeup pretty clear and informative. Well, if you are looking for a supplement to help you lower your cholesterol levels, you may want to hop over to the link i left here in this post for futher reference. Best is to check with your doctor first, ya.

No comments: