Monday, August 06, 2007

Setting up a new online shop

I think by now everyone knows that i am a fanatic knitter. Many of my readers have emailed me asking if i sell any of my knitted stuffs online or not. The answer is NO. The reason is plain simple. Most of my requests are from overseas. If they are locals, then i dont mind knitting for them as i dont have a problem with payment and things like that.

But, if i were to set up an online store, i've no idea how to go about setting up a shopping cart to process my orders. I dont think it's feasible for them to do an online money transfer as the fees can be very high. Anyway, Leah asked me to try out Ashop Commerce, which happens to be a leading provider of hosted shopping cart software. It offers a complete solution for people like me to sell online easily.

I think i'll try that out. Once my store is up and running, you'll be able to own some of my famous creations, ya. I wont take long, promise!!!!!

No comments: