Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Do you like childrens costumes?

It's been a long while since i helped my aunt with her sewing. When i was a little girl, i used to go to her house and watch her sew dresses, dolls, and just about anything that catches her fancy. She lives near a fabric store. I love to follow her to the fabric store and watch her run her hands run over those colorful fabrics. It's a wonderful place to be. She will feel each texture of the fabric to see if they are what she's looking for. Each time, she'll come back with bags and bags of them.

Of all the dresses she makes, i love seeing her make childrens' costumes. She's really good at making them and each Halloween, nearby schools will commission her to make some for them for their concerts and parties. She made me a fairy costume once, complete with wings and a fairy wand with a star at the tip. I wore it to a party and i remembered all the girls surrounded me with envy. She's no longer here, My aunt passed away many years already.

My kid's school is organising a party end of next month for Halloween. The school bought some costumes from Moon Costumes. Told me they offer a huge line of Halloween costumes, cosplay, Halloween props, magic & clown supplies, wigs, masks, decorations more. Even though my aunt is no longer here, each time i see any kid wearing a costume, it reminds me so much of her talent. And i miss her very much.

No comments: