Thursday, October 04, 2007

Document scanning service

My father-in-law asked me to help him get some documents from a company last week. It's an old office building. He gave some instruction on how to get there. It's located somewhere at oldtown, a place i hardly ever go to. According to him, he worked there once and he needs some of his old financial records for some filing purposes.

From what i gathered, it's for some accounts purposes and i must them back for him as soon as possible. I was worried that he might not be able to get them as who in the right mind keeps so many old documents of employees? A friend of mine forgot to get his when he left his company and when he needed some old financial records, he found that the office was burnt down many years ago and along with it, all documents stored there.

Now, if only the company involved engaged the service of a Document Scanning Service, the dont have to worry. All these documents are stored digitally and can be retrieved easily. Moreover, it only takes up some hard disk space compared to having to allocate a huge room for them. Many companies are now using Document Scanning Service to store their important financial records digitally. I really do hope my father-in-law will get his back. I can only keep all my fingers crossed.

No comments: