Saturday, December 05, 2009

Need lasik information ?

I'm not going to wear my contacts for the next few days. In fact, i'm going to throw away the pair i'm wearing now and change to a new pair. I wear monthly disposable contact lenses. I think it's better that i switch to daily contact lenses since i seldom wear them anyway. My eyes are getting a tad too dry for comfort these days. maybe they are strained from my long working hours in front of the pc.

I have a bottle of artificial tears eye drops and they do help relieve all my dry eyes symptoms fast. I know this is a temporary solution but i cant help it. The only way to cure my dry eyes symptoms is to stare less at the pc. No more FB games, lol!!!! They are the main cause of my tired eyes and i'm fully to be blamed.

A friend suggested i go for lasik so that i dont have to wear contacts anymore. Well, i've also heard that people with dry eyes syndrome cannot undergo lasik. Anyway, i am really up to lasik at all. Too scared of having something cutting into my eyes. But if you are living around Boston and am looking for a Lasik Eye Surgery Boston, you may want to check out the link i left here in this post. Do check with them properly if you are a suitable candidate for lasik or not.

* This is a sponsored review*

1 comment:

LasikExpert said...

Something important about artificial tears for dry eye problems is preservatives.

I work with a nonprofit Lasik patient advocacy. We do not provide Lasik, we just evaluate Lasik results and certify Lasik doctors who meet the organization's requirements.

Preservatives are like a little toxin. They are there to kill the bugs that make artificial tears spoil. Putting toxin in your eyes - even the relatively safe kinds of preservatives used in eye drops - can build up over time and cause irritation. The preservatives in artificial tears can even cause dry eye symptoms!

Preservative-free artificial tears are available from just about all major manufacturers. They are easy to spot because they come in single-use vials and (of course) cost more than preserved tears.

Why do I know so much about artificial tears? Because many Lasik patients experience dry eye symptoms during the Lasik healing period.

Glenn Hagele
Council for Refractive Surgery Quality Assurance
http://www.USAEyes.org